The General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is a regulation no. 2016/679 from the European Union, that aims to harmonize data protection legislation across Europe, by enhancing privacy rights for individuals within the European Union and European Economic Area. It grants certain rights to data subjects to control the data that organizations or persons collect on them.
For the purposes of GDPR:
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Controller means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
To comply with GDPR we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures, that meet the requirements for personal data processing. In order to identify and minimise the data protection risks, we have conducted a data protection impact assessment ("DPIA"). In relation to personal data processing, we are committed to transparency, control and accountability.
The rights of the data subject:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to personal data.
- The right to rectification of personal data.
- The right to erasure of personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability, that provides the data subject with the ability to receive or transmit personal data.
- The right to object processing of personal data.
- The rights related to automated decision making and profiling.
For more detailed information about the rights of data subject, please visit EU site
To send us the personal data related request, you can use the specialized page, available when you log into your user account. You may change or correct your personal information in account settings. Non-members can send the personal data related request through the contact form. If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The data subject has also the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
How do we collect information on you
We collect and receive personal information in a few ways:
- Account registration - information, that are required to create an account.
- Profile information - added or created while using of the account.
- Information collected automatically - when you visit or use the website, such as IP address, cookies or log data. To improve our services, we collect anonymous website traffic data.
- Contact form - information sent through contact form, email or post report form.
What information do we collect on you
The type of information we collect depends on how you use our services. The information we process are used to providing and improving our services, that includes displaying and rating discounts, clearances, vouchers or promotion codes ("discounts").
We process the following personal data:
- Email address used in contact forms.
- Content used in contact forms.
- IP address used for identification and security reasons.
- Cookies used for security reasons, traffic analytics, ad personalization, adding pages to watchlist and showing recently viewed discounts.
- Post ratings used to evaluate the discount quality.
- Post report that help to detect inappropriate or not actual content.
To use our services we do not require you to provide any sensitive personal information or data related to special categories of personal data, defined in GDPR. Received contact messages, suggestions or reports are kept for three years. We collect anonymous website traffic data by Google Analytics, to measure and analyse site performance and optimizing web usage.
We process your personal data on the following legal basis:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Where we process your information on the basis of legitimate interests, we do so in order to:
- Secure your personal data and information - protection against threats, such as security threats, abuse or fraud.
- Provide and optimize our services - including identification verification, providing support, general analytics and research.
- We may update this policy from time to time, and will notify you of any material changes to this policy.
You may access ForBetterPrice.com content from most anywhere in the world. By accessing or using the website, you acknowledge that your personal data may be collected and transferred to the Slovak republic, European Union. Personal data are stored on server located in Slovak republic.
Personal data shared with third parties
We may on occasion share your personal data with third parties, who provide services to our website (maintenance, analysis, development, fraud detection, email or post delivery). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform their tasks.
How do we protect your personal data
To protect your personal data we have taken standard measures to securely process, transfer and store the information. These measures include password protection, encryption, log usage and limitation of access. To secure the connection between you and server, we use SSL certificate.
Last update: 04 April 2022